Thursday, February 05, 2009

SNOW AGAIN !



The above photos were taken this morning at 7:30 a.m.  The kids are off school for the day and Dan is home from work, at least this morning.  In the states, this wouldn't be such a problem, but here, there are only snowplows for the large cities.  We don't have one in Nassington nor for all the back roads that help us to reach the AI, our first major carriage way  to get us into Peterborough.  So, we have an extra Saturday in the middle of the week.  

Something that I saw the other day that we would never see in the states????  As the snow was falling, I walked down to school to pick up Bella.  It was snowing, we had about 3 inches on the playground, and when I walked in through the gate, I saw all these beautiful umbrellas everywhere.  The colors were wonderful against the snow.   They use umbrellas here in the snow, like they would the rain!  I thought it was hilarious.  An English friend asked, "wouldn't we use umbrellas in the states for snow"?  Uhhhhhh, NO.  We had a good laugh, but I wish I would have taken a picture.  Who knows, with the way the year is going, I will have another chance!

2 comments:

Wilmert Fam. Member said...

How fun! These pictures are beautiful...it's fun to be surprised with snow, isn't it?!

Wilmert Fam. Member said...

Oh yeah...the umbrella story is funny...I actually think it's a great idea...you can still get soaking wet & cold in snow...and this would eliminate your hair turning to ice! ;o)

 

Made by Lena