Thursday, August 16, 2007

THOMAS THE TRAIN ENGINE


Yes, your eyes do not deceive you! It is Thomas the Train Engine! We went to the Nene River Valley Railway this past weekend and rode on a steam engine train. It was very cool. I felt like we should have had our cowboy hats on and guns and at any minute Owen Wilson was going to come charging up along side to rob us! Chugga Chugga Choo Choo! This is the oldest running steam engine railway in England. Even on special weekends, Thomas the engine is used to pull trains. The inside of the rail car is preserved just like it was in the old days. It reminded me a lot of Harry Potters scene when the kids are on the train in their compartment. Two big couch benches facing each other. That is the kind we chose. They also have seats facing each other with tables between them for taking tea and snacks.

Sunday we spent the day at Nene Park at Dan's division picnic. Spent the afternoon playing, visiting and eating. I caught up with womEn I had met in February when I came over and met new ones also. I believe there were 4 ISE families and the rest were single British guys and British Families. We had a wonderful time and spent the afternoon there.

This week I am busy getting groceries ordered, laundry folded, and the house cleaned (when am I not???) awaiting for Dan's parents to arrive. We are looking forward to spending time with them and going sight seeing. Hope you all are having a wonderful summer! Pam

No comments:

 

Made by Lena