Monday, July 30, 2007

Tintagel Castle


I couldn't post every picture, so you will have to go to the album site to see them. This staircase is just one of the few that had to be traversed to see Tintagel Castle, the believed birthplace of "King Arthur". We also were able to go down stairs to a beach and then into "Merlin's Cave". Lots of history and stair climbing as the castle sets on a cliff above the ocean. We spent half a day there exploring. Met two old ladies from Colorado on vacation there with their church. One used to live in Chicago, so she knows who Caterpillar is. We had a great time visiting with them and talking about where they had been already.
Dan and the kids did this staircase, I did not. I had already traversed down to Merlin's cave, and opposite this staircase, is another winding up staircase that leads to the main castle. I saved my strength for that one.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena