Sunday, April 27, 2008

Spring has Arrived


The backyard is set up with a badmitten net.  Caleb loves to play and Belle is hard on his heels also.  The large willow tree in the back is the tree that was trimmed yesterday to allow more light into the neighbors yard to our right.  You can see their house through the apple trees. 




The picture above on the left is the bed that I have been working on since last year when I pulled weeds, killed weeds, planted two different types of bushes, yucca plants and mulched it.   Today I completed the re-edging and added more annuals.  I would like to add a few more, and then the bed is done.  




We worked on the pond yesterday.  We pulled out the plants, recut them and threw the excess away.  We fixed the floating net (heroin won't step on it to eat our fish) and Dan cleaned the filter out.  We seem to have a few more fish this year, so they must be happy.  We have a leak in the pond also.  Left unchecked, the pond water will drop about 6 inches in less than a day.  Until we get it fixed, Dan set up the orange ball and hose system.  Works like a toilet, ball drops down, water fills it up until the ball is floating again and shuts off.  My hero the engineer.  Gotta love them!












The boxes on the left are my flower boxes that sit outside the front door that the owners left.  This year I filled them with pansies, some grass thingy, and the pretty lime green evergreen tree.  Yes, I bought it because it is so "pretty".    So on this beautiful spring weekend, I found myself in the yard getting some much needed yard work done.  Next week, we will do a castle!  Till later,  the England Crusader!






No comments:

 

Made by Lena